Cruise Control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Richard... Chill some... No one is yanking your chain here... Geesh... :eek:

Just because you have the correct switch, does not mean that that black switch could not go bad... I would do as Todd suggests and replace it. Good starting point, and not overly expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2003 has the right switch, but there was a time when the cruise control wouldn't work. All it would do is flash a couple of times every time you tried to set it, but it wouldn't take. I was about to decide to replace the apparently bad switch when it started working again.

Just because the switch won't catch fire and burn your house down doesn't mean that it won't quit working and need replacement. You're still safe, just cruise-control-less.

hey sorry to bring this back up from the dead... but I'm having the same issue. Is it worth taking into the shop and letting them diagnose and fix it or should I buy a new brake switch and replace it myself EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A BLACK SWITCH? I guess I'm out at most $17-25 if I do it myself and see.

Thoughts??

I don't know your electrical abilities but I'll be happy to send you the diagnostics for the cruise if you like.

I also see you're running red/blues. I have some lights I'll make you a deal on if interested. No blue around here except LEO.

Ben, Our 2004 Freestar had this issue under warranty. Cruise would work intermittently, and when it didnt, the green light would just give a quick flash when pressing "Set". The switch was black but it was defective. I was in and out of the dealer in about 45 minutes.

As I said, mine was under warranty as the van was still under full warranty, but its not costly to fix if out of warranty, and I think I would start there.

Latest posts