Cruises

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn L

Reaction score
Has anyone Been on Celebrity Cruises. Are they any good for young people. What Cruise line do yall recommended, Trying to plan a vacation here people need a little help.

I have been on a Celebrity Cruise ship. It left from Vancouver BC and went to a couple of ports in Alaska and then returned to Vancouver. I thought it was great I went on it which was when I was around 16 or 17 I think, so a few years ago. I'm not too sure how young you mean by young people but for me it was great because they had a under 18 program where you could meet and hang out with other kids your age so I thought that was fun. But other wise there is a lot to do on the ship, basketball court, volleyball nets, shuffle boards, etc. I had a great time, theres nothing like crusing :-D. Just plan your shore trips early because they tend to fill up fast. On a side note when we took the cruise ship I haven't heard of Celebrity lines but it seems to be getting more and more popular recently. Also I've been on the Disney cruise ship and I think the Celebrity lines ship is probably more what you're looking for.

Hey when and where are you going? I am booked on a celebrity cruise leaving port on Jan 2 for the Caribbean. And it is alway nice to meet a fellow Trac-er

They are always great.. Some times the buffet food stinks, and depending how cheep you want to be with the room, But overall it is always a great time..

I cant remember if it was carnival or celebrity that is more of the "Party" ship..

I think it was carnival.

Have a safe cruise!

Todd Z

Carnival Cruises usually attracts a younger crowd and has activities geared towards younger people. I've been on both Carnival and Princess and they were very different. Princess was a much older crowd and more formal geared more towards adults. Both were nice but it just depends on what you're looking for.

If you are of drinking and partying age and you are traveling as a single person with friends please book your trip on CARNIVAL!!! If you are taking a significant other and looking for more of a dating vacation, well I can't help you. LOL As mentioned above the buffet food can be a little weak but is always available, all night pizza and subs are incredible. Whatever you do don't pass up on the dining room dinners. Take a nice appropriate dining room set of clothes and eat all dinners in your main dining room. The service and quality are amazing. I skipped a few of these because I thought they would be uppity and I didn't want to bother. Once I attended a dining room meal I regretted missing all the others. You will have one special meal normally refered to as the Captains Dinner that is an unbelievable experience, loads of fun and excellent food. Everything else is just drinking and partying and whatever the hell you want to do.

If you are of drinking and partying age and you are traveling as a single person with friends please book your trip on CARNIVAL!!! If you are taking a significant other and looking for more of a dating vacation, well I can't help you. LOL As mentioned above the buffet food can be a little weak but is always available, all night pizza and subs are incredible. Whatever you do don't pass up on the dining room dinners. Take a nice appropriate dining room set of clothes and eat all dinners in your main dining room. The service and quality are amazing. I skipped a few of these because I thought they would be uppity and I didn't want to bother. Once I attended a dining room meal I regretted missing all the others. You will have one special meal normally refered to as the Captains Dinner that is an unbelievable experience, loads of fun and excellent food. Everything else is just drinking and partying and whatever the hell you want to do.

Carnival is the one known as the "party" boat.

As others have said, what do you mean by "young people"? Here's some of what I gleaned while booking our recent cruise...If by "young", you mean early 20's and wanting to party, Carnival is for you. If by "young", you mean 0 - 12 year old kids, many cruise lines are good, but Disney Cruises seems to have the best reputation with that age group--and not just because of the Disney characters. If by "young", you mean teenagers who will find stuff that is geared to younger kids to be dorky, you probably want to avoid Disney (for obvious reasons) as well as Carnival (because of the influence of the drunken 20-somethings on impressionable teens), and go with someone like Royal Carribbean or Princess (and also concentrate more of your decision on the shore excursion destinations). If by "young", you mean anyone who doesn't need a walker to get around, most will be good--but stay away from the long duration cruises. Anything more than a week, on any cruise line, tends to get more geriatric. Also, three/four day cruises on weekends tend to be more 20-something party cruises, three/four day cruises on weekdays tend to be more family-with-kids cruises. Five to seven day cruises tend to be a widely (and nicely) mixed bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yound Meant middle twentys. Now I am not saying 40 is not young I am just clarifying.

We decided on a 7 Royal Carribean Thanks for your help.

Latest posts