CT tragedy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich,

You assume a lots, are wrong on quite a few statement, and you chose to ignore what I have said. Read my post. I have a number of times said a weapon for me is a method of safe retreat. I truly hope you are right in you assessment of future threats, from my personal experience you are wrong. Nothing could make me happier if you are right, but I can't depend on your rational given the small cost of a 20 round mag. What size tv do you have I am looking for a flat screen 60 inch. Could you provide a picture?

Peace Brother

Have a great Christmas

I was just pointing out that correlation does not imply causation. I also wanted to show how mass murders can occur with multiple weapons. This leads me to believe that there may be another characteristic of mass murderers besides the weapon used since that can obviously vary. I believe the common characteristic is mental health and attacking that issue will yield the greatest results. If the goal is to decrease mass murders, I don't think weapons legislation will accomplish that. If the goal is to make mass murders take longer, then I guess you have a point. I don't think that goal is ambitious enough, though.

I think I have to give this one a rest. I made a mistake and started reading in the middle and thought it was all new. I didn't quite noticed till I hit my post. I thought it was odd that the guy was so right on. Must be that mental illness Rich was talking about.

I suppose we'll just see how the next few years work out. I'll be fine with any result and just hope that whatever actions are taken, mass murders become extremely rare as well as mental illness.

I am not saying that banning assault weapons an large capacity magazine will stop all the shootings....I think it has to be part of a bigger package that includes the mental health issues, limiting the violence in movies and video games, and increased security, particularly at schools.

I have said that we need more monitoring of the mental health issues, but most of you are only focusing on the issue of my suggesting the banning the assault weapons and the large capacity magazines. And even if that is all that gets done it may save a few lives while the shooter reloads

No hard feelings, and we can agree to disagree.

Have a great holiday eveyone,

...Rich

probably time to take a break from this topic...it's christmas eve after all. Give your kids a hug and kiss and protect them at all cost. You too Bill V, I'm off duty tonight, you gotta do it yourself. Merry xmas!!!

Latest posts