custom sub / ampli frame

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st trac

Reaction score
3 questions guys, hope u can help me out..

-im thinking where to put my subs and ampli.. do u guys have pics of sub/ ampli frames?? pls post them if u do and the dimensions if u can..

-i just bought an alpine v12 ampli and also want to ask u guys if the ampli can take 2 v12 subs?

-where's the best place to put the subs and ampli for best audio results??

thanks guys! :)

What type of v12 amp... model number... specs etc... The best place in my opinion would be behind the back seet but you run into mounting depth issues. There are boxes available from a site sponsor as well as on ebay for under the back seat mounting. As far as mounting the amp goes I would go with whatever looks best as well as is most efficient. You want to give it space to breathe and cool as well as not be in the way. Im sure that other member will be able to help you out as well if I cant

Dallas

Any amp should fit behind the seat. Here's an older pic of my install with the "surf board" alpine v12 MRV-1508.

As for 12" subs behing the seat.. I don't think it is possible, escpecially not the alpines. They are too deep and you won't be able to make a proper enclosure without major modifications... (ie. cutting the back wall)

sorry for the "jumbo pics" not on my home pc and I don't have a image program on this comp to resize them. Dual 8" JL 8W0 in a tuned 1.22 cu ft. ported enclosure. (sounds like a pair of 12's). :D

I'm going to "redo" the install this spring when it gets warm.. making a new amp rack to fit a pair of MTX amps (MXA 8001 and MXA 6004)... i may get rid of the ported box and build a sealed enclosure to fit 4 - 8" drivers.

Big D - Now that you're in Calgary I should be able to give you a hand with your install this spring/summer if you haven't already done yours.. :cool:

If anyone is interested in buying this set up it'll be for sale in a few months once I have drafted up what I want to do next. I'll sell the subs and amp (alpine) all together so it will all fit perfectly.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Adam,

Do your seats lock into place with those speakers behind them? Thats a very clean install. Did you do all of that yourself?

yes my seats do lock into place just fine.. not having to force them either. The subs are counter sunk so that there is enough space for air flow. The box is all fiberglass on the back side to optimize space.

I did it all myself, I used to be a certified installer.. i still install on my spare time, but i've finished school and am a technologist now so no need to get my hands dirty if i don't have to! :D

i think if you went to a shop they would charge you about 600cad in parts/labour.

it cost me about 140cad in materials... :D

Hey Adam, I just seen you are from the same city as me ;)

Im just about to do a custom install, got the back seat cut down and all now, but I want to make a fiberglass enclosure for the sub in the middle, and the amps in the rear wall like you have it, but in the part where your subs are.... You available for some advise any time soon?

Thanks!