Cut it even closer this time.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very close....but being even closer would actually be sputtering into the gas station and running out of gas in front of the pump. cool but not good thing to do.:D:D:D:D:D

paul h:cool:

The irony of someone running their rig to a point where they are 2 miles from empty

Yet prepared enough to take a digital pic of the event to share with other????

C

And you really believe you only had two miles before empty? Not likely. Just the computer's estimate. I had an old '92 T-bird with the digital dash and the trip computer. Once, when my bride took it to work, she didn't realize I had left it on empty and the computer saying there was only less than 5 miles to empty. She put about 20 miles on it before she got home and I told her. Then, of course, I had to hope I got to the gas station without running out of gas. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the fuel pump care? As long as you insert your credit/debit card or have the cash to pay for it, it'll give you as much fuel as you want! :lol:

Just kidding......:D

Last edited by a moderator:
From 5 miles down to 2 miles it ticked off miles pretty quickly. Once it got to 2 it slowed down a lot. I figured I had enough to go for a while longer but was not going to try it. Sometimes circumstances play into the equation and prolong you from getting to a gas station. I don't really worry about it that much because in NYC there are more than enough gas stations. I also don't run it down like that, thats was the 2nd time. I took the pic with my cell phone once I was in front of the pump. I thought some here would get a kick out of the pic. Also maybe someone coming close to running out would have some info on how far they can go.

:)

Once we were driving in the middle of nowhere (wyoming),running out of gas........sayed 0 miles to empty....drove like that for couple of miles.

I would only test the computer knowledge of gas around a gas station!!!!

Next time go to a gas station with a large parking lot and just drive around in circles to get to that 0 miles and then take a pic. If the gauge isn't accurate make sure to get the pic of you pushing it to the pump. Better do it now before gas prices go back up.

Latest posts