Cutting Down Rear Seat Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well, I have my rear seat removed... comes out very easily... I just have a few questions to ask, and not only for me, but for anyone interested in doing this.... I will do a pictorial on this as I go.

Anyways. Once the seat is out there is a couple things that I have yet to be seen answered on this project. Mainly, what do you do about front of the seat support? Anyone have any ideas? Is the frame strong enuff to hold a person with only the 1 'leg' on the front side? I really dont want to weld something on, or anything like that, so that it can all be put back together if I ever needed to (I wont, but this is more for other people with that concern)

Any input is helpfull.

Thank you!

Don't think it's strong enough to hold only on 1 leg...do a search for ballistic23, I seem to recall he once addressed such issue you have asked and indicated that a leg had to be added and where/how the seat bolted down had to be modified.

edit: my bad it's 23ballistic not ballistic 23

Last edited by a moderator:
If you doubt the support, then it is too weak, you should re support it..

Todd Z

Okay, I have the rear seats out now

It looks like what I need to do is take the buckle part of the 40% side, and cut it in half, mount it where the middle buckle was (1/2 of it)

So that the pin on the side of the seat can sit back in there... this also helps because on the 40% side buckle mount there is a peice sticking out that stops the seat from being pushed back.

This seems pretty easy, im a little worried cause ive never done this before, but at the same time I think its common sense.... the front leg against the door on the modified seat will be fine, the one thats in the middle part actually shouldnt be too hard to modify to make it work.

I think my biggest concern right now is, do I do the frame (Copy the other side identically), then worry about the covering later?

I wish 23 ballisitic was around to answer some questions, ill do a search.

Latest posts