Dang Ice!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
My yard is a mess this morning. Guess I will use my Trac and trailer again soon. :(:angry::(

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Gavin

Looks like you have a gorgeous property, hope the ice damage is not too great. Is your area prone to frequent Ice storms? Do I remember long power outages there last winter due to ice?

Paul

I just checked the weather in OKC. Hopefully, the ice storm there doesn't do any damage to my house there. So far no damage, but perhaps there will be nearly another 1/2-inch to 1 inch of ice before this ends tomorrow. I guess the biggest danger is the power going out and causing pipes to freeze, but then my place has a gas fireplace. I'm sure the tenant there will let me know if anything bad occurs.

man Gavin...that look's like BEAUTIFUL property...ohh man thats what i'm workin for...when i get out of school one day...

In St.Louis we missed everything again... Geez I wish we would get some weather.. I want a big snow storm..

Chad

could be worse, could be ice with no electricity!

very pretty property very beautiful pictures! :)

Nice pix Gavin.....

It is the pits what ice can do to your trees though....our weather here in north Texas is crazy....was 84 on friday and is about 40 right now.....

They say "If you don't like the weather in Texas, stick around a day or two and it will change"...very true this week.

Looks like a nice mess....

Can the branches be burned in a fire place ???

Also in the first pic, is that the UFO your neighbors have been seeing at night !!! .... :D:lol::lol:

Disclaimer: I believe it is just a bird feeder, but I am making a joke here.

Todd Z

Update: Lost power Sunday morning around 9 am. Still out now at 3 pm Monday. Vented gas fireplace I put in livingroom last year keeps livingroom at 71 degrees. Rest of house is upper 50-low 60s. Three cats and dog stay glued to the fireplace. Utility pole snapped in two yesteday morning down the street-- road is blocked off and pole still laying there-- no one working on it due to more pressing matters. I have extra tank of bbq propane, lots of food on the back porch-- going to make a feast tonight on the back deck. Got called into work for an hour this afternoon so I thought I'd see if I am still member here (ha ha).

Also been taking little old ladies down the street hot coffee and food from mcDonalds that still has electricity--they are very appreciative for the hot coffee and batteries for the radio and flashlights.

No much else-- supposed to get another 3/4 to 1" of ice tonight, so I would imagine we are going to be without power for a while. My yard looks much worse now than the pics show-- so if anyone wants any free firewood-- just come on over!

Take care.

Gavin, I know what your going through. We had the same thing in 2005. I had limbs on the house. I also got hit by a falling branch when I went out to get firewood. Down here in Wichita we are lucky so far. They are saying it will get worse today. Haven't lost power yet at my house. I do feel sorry for the people in oklahoma I have a few friends there and it looks terrible. Good luck on camping!;)

I chatted with my tenant this morning. She said the power went out yesterday and she is at a cousins house. Some power has been restored today in OKC according to the news (thanks Slingbox!), so hopefully she will get back in the house today. The temps are right near freezing, so I think there is no danger of pipes freezing. I guess the gas fireplace does no good when the resident abandons ship. ;)

I have only two trees in the yard and both are too small to fall and damage anything. I would imagine the magnolia tree will have damage, since it doesn't shed its leaves. The native redbud tree is probably OK. :)

Power finally went on tonight at 9:30. We've been 60 hours without power!

Got the laundry, dishwasher, furnace, and TV going-- gotta make up for lost time!

Supposed to get more ice tonight and tomorrow... :(