Dash Cover "Sticky tape" ????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Ouer

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to use the "sticky tape" that came with my dash cover. I'm speaking of the tape that actually sticks to the vinyl on the dash for use with the velcro. If you ever have to peel this off, what does it do to the vinyl. I would think after years in a hot car it would become one with the vinyl. Or can you clean it off, if you chose to go coverless at some point in the future.

I've use the sticky tape in the past and had no problem removing them as long as it's during warm weather. You can use "OOP"s to clean off any remaining glue.

Depending upon the design of the dash cover, you often don't need to use the sticky tape. I found that if the dash has a large top shelf with only a small part hanging down, it's best not to use the sticky tape.

I take a spray bottle and mist the cover to dampen it. I have about 6 small bags my wife made that are filled with beans. I use the bean bags to mold and hold the cover in place for about a week while the sund dries the cover and it conforms to the contours of the dash,

If you have a problem with the cover sliding or shifting, simply put some of those non-slip mats under the cover. The non-slip mats are thin perferated foam rubber/fabric mats that are sold in rolls at Wal Mart and K-Mart near the shelf paper and contact-paper. The rubber mats are also sold in auto-supply and hardware stores (usually in red or black) to line your tool box and keep tools from sliding around.

...Rich

Latest posts