Dash Kits

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Sacco

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm wanting to get a brushed aluminum dash kit for my ST. I now know there are 'flat' & 'molded' kits. What's the difference and which is better, and where I might be able to find them. I really only want the spedo ring, radio bezel ring, and the door (window control) pieces.

Any help would be appreciated.

Flat-the pieces fit over the existing panels. Generally have a gel coat to them and held on my 3m tape already applied. 150-200.00 in price.

Molded-replaces the existing panels with the new ones. 250-500.00 in price.

FAQ from their web site.

What is the difference between flat and molded dash kits?

Molded dash kits are 3D formed to precisely fit the shape of your contoured dash pieces. The molded pieces curve around the edges of the factory dash. Usually molded dash kits are made for trucks and SUV's that have large rounded-edge dash panels. Flat dash kits are more common. They have flat pieces that go on flat or slightly curved dash surfaces. When flat pieces are warmed, they become flexible, and curve to the shape of the dash. Some kits are a combination of flat and molded pieces.

The link by USN-ret they sell both. If you like one on that web site let me know as I probably can get it less than their advertise price.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a quick point on that - molded do not always replace your existing pieces. infact, they rarely do. flat ones just stick over the piece, whereas the molded ones also stick on, but are shaped the same way as the piece you are putting them on top of.

I had a flat wood dash on my Altima, and then replaced it with a molded carbon fibre one:

1f0741aac04a39548683c26ae9c7b372.jpg

04383a6f3444e79f1590c26d086783a7.jpg

1c30866f75be7cbc3e7d6d59d60232cc.jpg

48d743f19f1d6e607d940c29cc72fab9.jpg

I've had they're website bookmarked for a few years now, but have yet to send anything to be done by them. Their website is terrible, but I hear they do nice work. Expensive work, but very nice.

I have a molded wood dash kit and they are better looking (IMHO), however the trim piece for the radio/AC/Duct surround is not a replacement, but actually is a molded stick-on cover. It looks like a complete replacement piece, but it just sticks on over the existing trim bezel.

...Rich