Dash Light out??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Davis

Reaction score
:( I have a 2004 SportTrac XLT. The light(s) on the dash panel behind the 3 heat controls below the radio is not lighting. Has anyone had this before? Are there actual lights back there? I have removed two screws but how do you get the dash cover over the radio/heater controls off without breaking it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

i feel ya one of my lights went sour back there as well. ive taken my ranger dash apart and its the same deal. easiest. first disconnect the battery and wait 5mins, just b/c of the danger of the airbags. remove the 2 screws in the radio bezel. i think they r size 10mm. then its best to use a flat head screw driver to pop out the rest of the bezel at the top and the sides, b/c of the push pin thingys. im not sure bout the radio, but im pretty sure it will come out with the bezel, so be easy with it. after thats out of the way, here r 4 more screws mounted on the heater and a/c controls. i believe they r 10mm as well. then pull out the controller. i believe the bulbs r part # 194. there should be 3 of them back there. just twist and pull and the bulbs will come out, pretty easy. then just reinstall in reverse to the uninstall. if any others have more info, be sure to jump on it. thats how it worked on my 95 ranger, which is pretty much the same dash..

Some of the newer heater control units have integrated lighting, which means there is no replaceable bulbs. That means if you really want those lights you'll have to buy a control unit which is anywhere from $300 - $500 for a new Ford unit.

MK

on the 04 st I beleieve there are only 2 194 size bulbs behind the ac panel. replace them with 194 sized LED ones from ebay

Latest posts