Dash Trim Replaced

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Currie

Reaction score
I purchased a new bezel off Ebay because the paint was badly chipped on mine and i dont like the color they chose for the grey interiors. I had a ranger and i liked the black on grey better. After it arrived there was just a little of the rubber paint chipped off along the top so may have to repaint it a bit.

I was very surprised how easy it was to remove and replace. Everything matched up perfect even though they were not from the same year or model of vehicle. There are the extra buttons and i will eventually wire my driver side heated seat into the rear defrost button so i can see when its on or off. No need to wire in the fog lights.

Before:

[Broken External Image]:

After:

[Broken External Image]:

If anyone knows where to find a white replacement AC face plate let me know.

The one guy on Ebay wants $16.00 for the plate and $25.00 delivery to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you go about transferring the arched plastic piece that indicates up/down for the rear window?

I am doing a similar project but will use the extra buttons for aux. fogs and a rear facing light. I also found an inexpensive heater/AC controller in black, so my entire bezel unit will be black.

If you touch up the rubberized black paint on the bezel, what type of paint do you think would work?

Your pic shows a nice job, and is inspiring me to unwrap my parts and finish mine.

The arched plastic labels were originally held on by 4 mini plastic stems and the ends are melted. Break the melted part off to remove them and use a glue gun to refasten. Very simple and straight forward after you see it. I never changed the 4x4 one other then the change in wording from 2wd to Auto... i didnt care. The tray under the stereo was smooth plastic inside and anything i put in there would slide around and fall out so i added the sanded tape for grip. $1 at the Dollar Store.

Where did you get your AC Panel from? I Cant picture it in black.

Im not sure about what paint to use?????

A soldering iron works good to melt it..

Also several members got their hands on a second fog light switch, and removed the heated rear window one and replaced it with that...

Todd Z

Latest posts