Dashboard Light Went Out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Lampe

Reaction score
Over the weeken my dashboard light on the lower left-hand side, the one that lights up how much gas is in my tank, went out. All of the other lights in the dashboard are still working. Is it difficult to replace that one light? If so, can I get the light from Autozone or do I have to go directly to Ford to get it?

Thanks,

What good timing I just wrote that up last week and it was the same bulb that went on mine.

$2.99 and 30 minutes and it's done.

Only one note: The 4 8mm bolts... On most, there will be 5, not 4. The fifth bolt is far right between the other two.

Nice write up Jacob. One thing though, if you have hamhocks for hands like I do, you may want to undo the gear marker wire from the bottom of the steering column, before reaching back behind the cluster. I did it exactly like you did when I replaced mine and stretched the wire for the gear indicator (it would read as if I had it in second gear when it was in drive) and it later broke. I just fixed mine with some inginuity. Trust me, it was fun figuring out how to fix it. The dealer (only place to find it) wanted $25 for a new indicator assy.;)

Stone, you don't have to undo that bolt under the column. The bottom indicator is held in the cluster by two little prongs. Squeeze 'em and it comes right out of the bottom.

Yeah, I noticed that after I had everything out to fix the indicator. (the red wire from a telephone cord worked great) What Dingo said would be easier to do than remove the whole unit. Didn't take much to stretch it out. Just some food for thought.;)

Latest posts