Debadging (sp?) 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 07 ST V8 and want to remove the badges on the quarter panels and the rear tailgate (not the Ford oval). Are these badges just adhered with tape or are there going to be holes when removed?

Thanks

Gordi

The rear Explorer plate will leave 2 holes.

the 4x4 does not have any holes

The side v8 Do not have any holes...

Todd Z

Thanks to all who responded to my debadging ? bout a few questions down.

I find this one interesting though. Todd states that some (07 4X2) do have holes drilled into the sheetmetal to attach the emblems.

Why is this? I thought most OEM's went with the double sided tape rather than bolt them to the vehicle since mods and shaving is in vogue.

UMM ??? HUH ????

The 4X4 not 4x2.

ALSO I bought the 4x4 for my st and it is just sticky tape..

THE wide explorer (XLT or premium) badge leaves 2 holes...

I just cut off the tabs and stuck it on my 03...

Todd Z

I'm guessing that I'm just confused then. I thought you implied that the 4x2 has the holes and the 4x4 does not.

This past weekend I took off the EXPLORER but have not taken off the Sport Trac XLT yet. Are you saying that the ST XLT is the one with the holes?

If so, I need to come up with plan B.

I know this post was for an 07 and I have an 05 2X but, it makes me wonder.

Dave,

the 01-05 has NO HOLES at all... only on the Ford oval.

Your getting confused.... the 07 is different...

Todd Z

That's what I was thinkin Todd...Call me confused because I am...

"only on the Ford oval." Now this...Although I didn't wanna remove the Ford oval, and I didn't (need to look for an overlay from SST) I thought it looked like it was a drilled emblem.

I was just wondering what me taking off the SPORT TRAC XLT badge off would bring me. Now I know that it is also double sided tape I will do so. Just didn't want any holes to fill!!!

Thanks man, for your knowledge and FREE advice once again...

actually the 07 ST has three holes under the large Sport Trac badge on the tailgate. Don't know why because there are only two locator pins on the emblem. The third hole is the largest ~ 1/2" dia. Todd is correct..........none on the 4X4 or side market badges. See my library regards tailgate emblem pics. /Brad

Latest posts