Design For New Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Ok, so I started to try fiberglass 2 weeks ago. I started out doing something small, and just as a mold, nothing custom. I think i have the hang of it and am ready to jump in and go for the big one. I want to start and do my console. and hopefully it all goes as planned. Here is my design in a quick 3d render. Suggestions and comments accepted. Also, if all goes well, I plan to make more custom ones, and hopefully sell them to members of this site.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Boodro :D

Not a bad concept. Looks good. I would put a screen in the back like you said though. That way you could have the people in back able to watch DVDs and such. Good luck! Also, pics, pics, pics when you are done.;)

Do you have the long stock console? If so you can make your life a lot easier by using the base of it. Thats what we did with mine.

Stone- I might put one in the back, only problem is that I have a flip done already for the back, so Im stuck if I should go ahead and put another screen, or put one in the front since I dont have one already there.

JK-Yah I do, and planned on it. Got the idea from you. it will make it a lot easier, escpecially for the mounting part.

p.s.- forgot to mention that the color is not what I tend to paint, its just for seperation of different parts.

Boodro

If you do decide to put a screen in the back you would have to angle it up. That might cut into your armrest area.. Just a heads up

Got any price estimates? I'd prefer not to have the cupholder as there is no food/drink allowed in my ST anyways. Also, any plans to keep the rear a/c controls and vents? It is, afterall, the only air circulating to the back.

Tracket- the slot is for CD's, I keep mine out of the case (bad habit, because they get scratched alot) so its small for the CD's. I thought about 2 cup holders, but I never have that many drinks, as Jeff, I dont like drinks or food in the ST.

Jeff- Price estimate is unknown as of now, but dont worry it shouldnt be anything outrageous.:D I think im going to put the screen up front, and try and keep the a/c controls and vents. and get rid of those non functioning radio controls. as far as the cupholders, and things to order. I plan on taking all custom orders, I would prefer not to have a whole same design, but little things wont matter.

Boodro

Boodro, Its going to take some time to do one of them. I thought about making them and selling them but its time consuming and I barely have enough time to work on my own Trac lol.. But good luck with it and keep us updated.

Definetly looks good and if you do decide to produce them, keep us updated. Custom orders would be a good idea. I would like at least two cupholders, without the slot for the CD, and the screen space in the back, since I don't have the rear A/C controls. That's just in case you finish yours and want to get an early start on mine. :D

JK- Yah, I know how time consuming it is. Thats when I learned why fiberglass is expensive to get it done at a pro shop. Its summer right now, and I could get them done in between work and a little free time.

STCTC- I will keep yall updated. And Ill keep in mind what you want so, I can get it going :D.

Thanks guys for comments and suggections, please keep them coming.

boodro