Diablo Delta 2-program chip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Cloutier

Reaction score
I'm selling a used Diablo Delta 2-program performance chip that was in my 2001 Trac. Included is the Diablo chip, and the LED indicator switch that lets you select the progam (Off, Program 1, Program 2). The chip is being sold AS-IS and will need to be reprogrammed for the new vehicle.

$25 shipped (or best offer)

Send me an email if you're interested (use the one in my profile)

-Todd

Chip:

[Broken External Image]:

Yes, it can be reprogramed, but if someone already has the catch code as you do, there would not be any reprogramming involved.

For example, my 2000 Explorer is CDE2 and my Trac is SDQ2. If the Explorer had the same code as yours, your chip would have been sold.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Under your hood, there is a wiring harness that has a bunch of wires going into it on the firewall. That is your ECU. There is a white label that has a 4 digit letters/numbers.

Tom

Todd

The only 4 digit code I can find on the big harness is 1L5T. Is this my code? and what is the difference between the Diablo chip and the X cal? Where does this chip go. Sorry for the stupidity

Jack

The Diablo chip plugs into the back of the ECU. You have to take the computer out of the truck to install the chip. The Xcal reflashes the ECU through the OBD diagnostic port.

Both the chip and the Xcal reprogram the truck's computer to increase performance, improve shifting, etc. The Xcal is a bit easier to use, but the Diablo delta allows you to change programs by flipping a toggle switch.

Lemme check my code.... When you say you have a 87 and a 93 tune.. does that mean performance, or towing, or better gas econ?? Which particular tune is it?

I know the Xcal for example has an 87 performance tune and an 87 towing tune.. (hoping this makes sense) So what "type" of tune is already programmed?

Also, will this take off the rev limiter as well?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack - Yes, that's the code.

Griff - They are both performance tunes. I got the chip primarily for the improved shifting, since my '01 Trac had the dreaded 2-3 flare. I don't know about the rev limiter.

Latest posts