Did some yardwork today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Housman

Reaction score
I pretty much finished clearing out my yard so i can start putting down soil and then some seed to finally get a decent looking backyard. My wife and I bought a house last July from an 87 year old woman who pretty much just let things go for the past 20 years. We worked on the inside since we got in here in July and now we're getting close to finishing so we started outside before it's get to hot. I needed a little help though...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

(Yes, that is a tire around the base of the tree. Apparently they were very popular to be used as planters years ago. There were 21 tires in the yard being used for planters.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I get it!! The tree went offroading and got stuck!!! Your just doing the friendly thing and towing it out! Stupid tree! :D:D:D

Classic!! Men in my family jump at the chance to jerk a tree or bush out of the ground with a truck. My last fun was a little over two years ago, after hurricane Ivan knocked down 4 trees in my yard. I used my old Explorer to jerk the remnants of a Willow out of the ground...the tree was actually winning for a few tugs.

Got me reconsidering Jason. I have a couple stumps and some shrubs that need ripped out around my yard. I was figuring on renting the Home Depot 2ton truck for $20 to rip em out and back over the others with the rear bumper. If I can conjer up the courage and use my ST, I suppose it jusy may work.

NAH... the rental 2 ton would tear em out and if a chain or rope snapped, it wouldn't bust loose and dent the ST tail gate or fly through the rear window and knock me onthe back of my head!!! Not that that has happened in my past!!!

Home Depot ...here I come.

Looks good dude...If I was only so lucky!!!

I also did some "yankin'" with my '01 ST, using the towhooks. Now I have an '07, and since it doesn't have towhooks, I think those days are over. I have the class II/III hitch, but I don't think it would be a good idea to use the hitch to pull out stuff. Am I wrong? I do miss the towhooks. How hard would it be to add the towhooks to an '07?

crash, the hitch will be fine to pull with.....

You would have to cut square holes in the front bumper to get to the frame...

Todd Z

Latest posts