Did you see the state of the union address

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't usually watch polictical speeches, as they are usually a bunch of BS delivered by some blowhard full of hot air, regardless of party. It's just their agenda of lies and empty promises...

So, I walked into my restaurant last night, and it was on BOTH TV's... There were maybe 5 people at the bar watching one of them. I grabbed the remote for the other one, and went looking for something meaninful on TV. My bartender (also my cousin) tells me that EVERYONE asked to watch it. I told her that the other TV had it on, and they could watch it on that TV. Then I basically said what I typed above. Oh man, 3 of my employees told me that not everyone thinks that way, and that I should keep my opinions to myself! And I've been listening to these same employees extoll the wonders of 'socialized health care', and how it's our RIGHT to have health care for the last couple of weeks... I told them "Too bad, it's MY TV, and MY restaurant, and I'll watch what I want!" Guess I pissed them off a little bit... They're lucky I didn't go Donald Trump on them and make them part of the ranks of the unemployed! LOL

But from what little I did see, yes... we are in a heap of trouble! A ship of fools! Between Obama's lies, Pelosi's ugly mug, and the constant ovations over NOTHING, I could barely keep my food down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Train Trac,

Thanks alot for posting the videos...I'm sick to my stomach now...

Good thing I have health insurance and I live in a country that has the best medical

coverage in the World....I'm headed to the Doctor right now...:smile0007:

My feeling about the address are stated by this author:

Nothing New in Obama's Blame-Bush State of the Union

Thursday, 28 Jan 2010 11:26 AM

Article Font Size

By: Ken Timmerman

I was sitting in the gallery watching Obamas State of the Union speech on Wednesday, not far from first lady Michelle Obama and her guests from Fort Hood.

Watching how Congress, the Joint Chiefs, and the Supreme Court justices reacted to Obamas speech live gives you a different perspective from watching the show on television.

The overwhelming impression I got was that this was a petty, intensely partisan speech, devoid of inspirational national goals, but chock full of recriminations, finger-pointing, and petty partisan attacks.

There was plenty of red meat for Democrats, especially when the president blamed his predecessor for coming into office with a $200 billion budget surplus and leaving office with a one-year deficit of more than $1 trillion. However, Obama made no mention of the fact that his own administration expanded deficit spending by more than $1.3 trillion in just nine months, the biggest expansion of government spending in U.S. history.

While there is nothing new about the House chamber splitting along partisan lines in its applause of the president, last nights speech was met by uncomfortably long silences from both Democrats and Republicans, as the president failed to inspire even his own partisans.

And it included several direct taunts of the Republican minority, including a defiant call for Republicans to come up with their own legislative proposals if they didnt like those of Democrats.

The only problem is, Republicans have come up with alternatives to Democrat proposals on healthcare, energy independence, deficit reduction, and job creation, but have seen their proposals rejected on strict party line votes.

Obama confirmed that he will address the Republican Conference legislative retreat in Baltimore on Friday. But whether he will stay long enough to actually listen to Republican proposals is less clear.

While Obama pledged to make tough decisions about opening new offshore areas for oil and gas development, as the Republicans are demanding, the only decision his administration has made so far has been to loan $2 billion to Petrobras of Brazil to drill offshore of Rio de Janeiro.

Obama confirmed that he will address the Republican Conference legislative retreat in Baltimore on Friday.

I tried to watch this on Fox News, but the Fox people talked over the top of Obama's responses. Later, they felt it was more important to show Glenn Beck than the President. Good thing that CNN and MSNBC showed it without interruption.

Latest posts