difference between 01-05

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
i have a question......I have been wondering what the differences are between a 01'-05' trac they have the same body lines and almost interior...

well if we were going to refer everybody to the search button there would never be new posts....

The differences (that I know of) Are the door panels, head unit, gauges, interior color choices (the newer ones came with 2-tone leather), the adrenaline package. Thats what I can think of offof the top of my head. The exterior stayed the same (other than color choices and color of moulding)

Allen, I suspect the "Match all of these words" search option has issues with the word "between" being one of the words, probably because that is a SQL keyword. I suspect Rich has to add that to the bug list.

TJR

The badging is different on the 04 and 05. There's no Explorer badge on the sides and we have chrome Sport Trac badging on the tail gate instead of that red thing.

That changed in 03.

The colors have changed throughout the years.

Here's some more noticable changes made.

2001 Job 2, New 4.0L engine design introduced, 15in wheels dropped (sometime during) trim levels changed.

2002, step pads changed from grey to black, Pioneer edition added

2003, red tailgate badge changed to chrome, EXPLORER deleted from side doors, XLS XLT and XLT Premium replace Value Choice and Premium, interior design changed, new door trim panels, new seat cloth, two tone leather added, interior trim colors changed from Dark Graphite and Medium Prairie to Medium Flint and Pebble, captains chairs dropped, step bar mounting brackets changed to thinner lighter design, Pioneer edition changed to Adrenalin, 5 speed manual dropped, rear disc brakes added, berber mats changed; Explorer deleted, long rear mat replaced with two small ones

2004, New cleaner instrument cluster with digital odometer, long center console trim color changed from painted titanium silver to interior keyed color, FX4 thumbprint wheels replace 5 spoke ST aluminum premium wheels, Color keyed bumpers and claddings added as option, light grey claddings changed to dark grey, step bars change from grey to black, Adrenalin gets facelift with chrome 5 spoke wheels to replace thumprint wheels; grey step bars upgrade to chrome step bars.

2005, I think the moonroof became an option on the XLT, and the Adrenalin received a new MP3 capable headunit

These are off the top of my head. Some of them may be the wrong year, and there's some details left out, but most of them are correct.

There's a color chart somewhere on the site that shows what colors were available in what year, but I don't know where it is.

Last edited by a moderator: