differential cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blert

1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Happened across these the other day...

http://www.cleargearz.com

... What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool, but I really can't see a polycarbonate being stronger or more durable than a stock housing, much less a Trick Flow or other.

Aren't their heat fins on the stock cover/aftermarket covers?

Wouldn't it be bad to not have those there for cooling?

Rodger, I think you should order every available diff cover out there and do comparisons and do a detailed write up, like you did with the shocks :D I'm looking at the Trick Flow, MAC, and Roush covers but haven't decided yet.

JeffC, The shocks were not particularly a study, just ended up that way; and came mostly out nacessity (that mother of invention thing). Have you looked at a Saleen diff cover, if they have one. As far as Rousch is concerned, I wouldn't touch anything Rousch with a 10' pole because they DO NOT warrenty their work; unless they have changed recently. A neighbor down the street from us has a Rousch Mustang that neither the dealer or Rousch would back.

These over-sized units are going on my ST next trip in for service...

[Broken External Image]:

Rodger, what's the deal with your neighbor's mustang? As per the Rousch website:

Do ROUSH Performance vehicles carry a warranty?

Yes ROUSH Performance vehicles carry the same 3 year/36,000 mile warranty as the Factory (Except on 99'-02' chrome 18-Inch Mustang wheels that carry a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty).

And somehow I thought I heard that Rousch mustangs are supposed to be warrantied from ford but I haven't been able to find that info.

I would go for the Mac or TA cover. They have the drain and fill plugs on the cover. Also they have the asjustment bolts to put a load agsinst the carrier bearing caps, for strengthing angainst load distortion...;)

Jeff unless you like the looks of the Roush rear cover consider a LPW racing cover. LPW racing also makes the Roush cover here in Pennslyvania. Caymen ( Tom ) please note that the Trick Flow cover is imported. I know that the LPW racing site has data on some Lab testing which proves that the LPW cover is stronger than the TA.I do not know which cover cost less but if you call LPW i'm sure he( DOUG ) will match the price.

www.lpwracing.com

Caymen ( Tom ) please note that the Trick Flow cover is imported.

Can I ask where you got that information?

Click the link and see what Summit Racing Equipment says....

Tom

Gary D,

Where did you get that differential cover? I'm going to be getting a Powertrax one day, and I'd like to replace the stock diff cover with something like yours. I assume that's a drain plug on the bottom?

Tom

The business onwer of LPW is a friend of mine. He is a pattern maker and I am a Toolmaker.I helped him start his business with design and tooling issues.He was the only business that made the rear covers until TA came along. He made covers for most everybody Summit being his biggest account. Summit is just like Walmart with its venders always demanding a lower price. They would order 1000 covers than upon delivery threaten to cancel if the agreed price was not lowered. Summit did purchase its own pattern business but most of the castings are now imported. They may machine or just package the covers here.That I do not know.

Tom You have e-mail coming

Also Tom, we talked about Sunline trailers in the past. Sunline has closed all 3 of their factories in PA 2 weeks ago. They will reopen if they find a buyer.

Hope you and Teresa have a Happy Holiday !!!

Latest posts