Digital Battery Terminals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have installed them on pauls and Georges Truck... Both failed or have problems on the display...

Ebay purchased

ALSO they require you to CUT your cable ends off and use the set screws to hold the wires..

I DONT like them one bit..

I got this instead..

Below are the ones your talking about

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

These??

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, are you being serious or typical sarcastic bill ???

Todd Z

Todd,

I like your set up better.

I assume the display is keyed off the ignition, or does it stay on all the time?

(If som would it run the battery down over a lengthy parked time)

Dave

I got it off Ebay, It is made by stinger.... It is a small box and comes with 2 wires for hook up and the keyed on wire...

It is key activated and shuts off right away..... No issue with a timed off thing or any thing like that...

Here is one in red for you bill.... and sorry about that, The wording threw me off there..

Todd Z

Search Stinger SVMR

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up about the battery terminals, Todd. I was just about to buy some. Don't think I will now. I'll be looking into the meter instead.

Yeah, your welcome Bill and Ray....

Todd Z

Here's another brand of digital battery terminal that you might want to consider.

Tsunami Digital Battery Terminals

BT10MP

(1) 1/O GAUGE, (1) 4 GAUGE

POSITIVE

(2) 8 GAUGE OUTPUTS

BLUE LCD DIGITAL VOLT METER

BRIGHT NICKEL-PLATED FINISH

HIDDEN SET SCREW DESIGN

INSULATING CLEAR COVER INCLUDED

Rodger,

I had it wired 3 different ways and since the voltages were within .2 volts of each other, I went and left it the easy way....

1) Ran wires out of the box, by making a small hole or notch so the wires don't get pinched, and run the to the battery...

2) Run the wires to the alternator + and then 1 key and 1 ground

3) THE WAY IT IS NOW - See the 2 red leads in front of the box ?? Those go directly to the battery, SO I grounded the unit, Tapped into a keyed on fuse under the cover, and the + is bolted to the stud for the + in front of the cover..

I can take pics if you would like.

Todd Z

Latest posts