digital camera

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Poche

Reaction score
my canon a85 just crapped out what cameras are you using and what is recommended. just looking for a good point and shoot 4+ megs looking a the new canons but this is my second one to go my a40 stoped focusing i am worried about canon now

Nikon Coolpix

Great camera, easy to use, the flash is the only thing that I would say is lacking a little bit. Far away subjects (20 - 30 ft) in low light don't come out so great.

I have a Canon powershot A510 and I love it. It's only 3.2mp but I got it and a compact canon photo printer for just over $150 shipped. Takes great photos and they print nice too.

That's what I mean, bpoche... ask 5 ppl here, you'll get 5 different recommendations. Check out Steve's Digicams for unbiased reviews:

Canon Powershot SD500, its been out a while and down to around $250. Awesome camera, the newer version is the SD550 basically the same but with a bigger screen and price.

I had a Canon Digital Elph for several years, and loved it--but my wife and I really wanted more optical zoom capability (my Elph only had 3x, I think). So we upgraded about six months ago to a Canon S2 IS (12x zoom), and are again extremely pleased with the product. I don't foresee us changing from the Canon product family anytime soon.

Don't buy Fuji. I'm on my second one. The first went in the trash. The second one is close to the same fate. Fuji has a problem with a "Zoom Error" message. I've been back and forth to the repair shop. They finally agreed to replace it. I went out and bought an Olympus SP-310 (Circuit City) 7.1MP at $219.00 after rebate. Nice and easy to use.

Do your homework.

compare the S2IS and the S3IS closely, don't overpay for the S3 since there isn't much more difference other than 1MP, and that it's black.

I picked up my S2 when the S3 came out, to take advantage of the price cuts.

Last edited by a moderator: