dirty seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Adkins

Reaction score
Can anybody offer a suggestion on a good product for cleaning my cloth seats? They were scotch guarded when I first got the Trac, but they get so dull and dusty looking...and I have a small coffee stain on the driver's seat. Just vaccuuming them helps a little but I'm leary of scrubbing with soap and water. I'm scared I'll get a damp musty smell as the seats dry off.Thanks.:)

Bart,

You can go to K-Mart and buy some auto carpet cleaner. Designed for the carpet and seats. Works nice and make your interior smell good.

Tom

And by all means get you some seat covers. You'll be glad you did when you want to resale your Trac.

I had seat covers on my Ranger. After a few years of use I took them off and what a mess! The foam backing from the covers was coming off and I had "crumbs" everywhere. Guess they were just cheap seat covers. The "x" laced neoprine covers are great, but a little pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try "Blue Coral Dry Clean", I have used it. Works good auto or home. Spray it on,brush it in until it turns to a powder and vacuum....

I have a Bissel "Little Green Clean Machine" steam cleaner that I use in the vehicles,

and even for smaller stains on the furniture and carpet in the house! Works great!

Vacuum first, to get all of the loose dust and crumbs, and then use the 'Lil Green,

to get rid of the stains. Don't use TOO much water, just enough to get the area damp,

let it sit a minute, and then vacuum up the water. It also helps to do this in a garage,

or outside on a sunny day, where you can air out the vehicle, to get rid of any excess

moisture and let the vehicle sit overnight, to thoroughly dry out!

I have also used the Bissel Dry Foam, or Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner with good

results for smaller areas and stains. It works well.

Does make it smell better!