Discount on your Cell Phone. Legit, I just did it myself.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most providers have a program for educators. My verizon line is $4.99 a month though it only has 150 minutes.

I believe it was started after Columbine so teachers could make emergency calls. Many schools prior to the Erate program had only one or two lines for an entire school.

I won't touch Verizon with a 30 foot pole. Absolutely the worst service and coverage that I have EVER seen. I though Sprint PCS was bad...

R Shek,

Please be aware that different people have different cell phone needs. That's why there are different companies offering a variety of different phones and different plans.

Also, the service of the different companies varies from state to state and even in different regions of the country. Some local franchises are operated very poorly, while others are dedicated to customer service.

I know of several people in my area that swear by Verizon. I know of people in other parts of the country that swear by AllTel, while my experience with them was terrible. My wife and I experience constant dropped calls and bad cell phones. I had to have my cell phone reprogrammed twice and is still dropped calls. My wife had her cell phones replaced 3 times with different phones and they still did not work properly. None of these phones were the cheap freebies either! Some cost as much as $120 with a contract. One of the more puzzling things with AllTel was that you could be sitting in an office in downtown Waco, TX and watch the signal strength go up and down while you never moved?? When I call AllTel and asked why the phones do that, I was told. " I think that's caused by the wind".

I have also heard a lot of good things about Nextel and their DirectConnect service, however I found out last year that there were some critical dead areas in their national network that were just too incovenient for me to continue to use them although their overall service was great.

I currently have Cingular and so far the service fine. I also like the rollover minutes and have eliminated my wired phone long distance from $35-$50 per month to $2. :D

...Rich

I am also a firm supporter of Verizon . If you are into the "Push to Talk" feature though you must go with Nextel. Verizon offers it but it is not very popular. I live in the SE Florida area.