Do I need to recalibrate the compass...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
Do I need to recalibrate the compass when I move from Washington State to Arizona?

I felt kinda silly driving in circles here in an empty parking lot covered with snow the first time I calibratred it. :rolleyes:

Well that's a "Duh" on me...I just assumed it was calibrated for all of North America, or at least the continential US.

Question, how far off is it if you go cross-country? Or from Washington to Arizona?

TJR

The recalibration is only required when you make large easterly or westerly moves. Most of these zones are as larger or larger than our timezones. The ST owners manual shows where these zones are and how to reset the compass if needed.

Since the compass only gives relative directions that the vehicle is traveling, like N, S, or NW, SE. It's not much of a navigational aid and it's not going to help you much if you get lost. If you can rember that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, as do the stars, you have a pretty good built in compass :D

...Rich

Latest posts