DO NOT Buy Explorer High Series Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
They are different, don't do it! The center duct in the Explorer console is shaped differently to circumvent the crash module. A member from another site bought one and ran into a brick wall on installing it. I'll be able to help him around it because I have a busted up Trac console but the high series consoles are not interchangeable. The short series is.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The gray one is the Sport Trac, the tan an Explorer. The main and "joint" black duct is different on the end where it joins the heater housing.

f9f122cc9766c994ecf2928a5f062c0e.jpg

If you don't care about the rear air just trim the duct. There seems to be a bit of difference in the metal bracket on the front according to the other ST'er that's having problems with his Explorer console.

268bda2ff1187d2293551dcbb592796b.jpg

Keep in mind that in this photo the ST (gray) console has the bracket mounting tabs broken and is somewhat out of position. Looks like it would work to me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it! Now I see why mine is not working. I bought mine a few months back and thought it would work. Now I am at the point of trying to attach it up front. Anyone have a broken one or one I can buy? Tan?