Do you know what this is?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Cassar

Reaction score
Hey all. I own an '09 XLT and am perplexed at what this part is. It sits in what seems to be 1 of the vent hoses that run alongside the fuel filler neck. I've been having fueling up issues with the truck (gas pump handle constants clicks back on me). This connection is actually loose, I just placed the hose into it. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240818_100752.jpg
    20240818_100752.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240818_100735.jpg
    20240818_100735.jpg
    945.8 KB · Views: 0
Yep, vent hose, Goes from top of filler neck to the vent canister between the body and bed.

Yep, vent hose, Goes from top of filler neck to the vent canister between the body and bed.
Ok great. Thanks. Is there a name for that connector plastic piece?
These 2 were disconnected when I found it, and I'd like to replace it if possible.

Just ziptie the hoses to the elbow and ziptie it up. The oem parts are no where to be found other than a good junk yard.
Its a vent elbow. There was a TSB back in the day from ford about this coming apart and all the fix was zipties.

Just ziptie the hoses to the elbow and ziptie it up. The oem parts are no where to be found other than a good junk yard.
Its a vent elbow. There was a TSB back in the day from ford about this coming apart and all the fix was zipties.
Ok gotcha. Thanks for that.
I'm wondering if this is what's causing the fueling up issue with my truck. I've done replaced the Vapor canister already, and still having the issue.

Absolutely it can, they can clog, get dirt in them and other things. That was 1 sign in the early days it fell apart..

Latest posts