Doc fees and the Ford Family Plan - NC

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Magee

Reaction score
I found this info which I was wondering about myself. It may be of interest to others thinking about using the Ford Family Plan (A plan). A dealer here in NC wants $300 Doc fee and $120 Reg. and Tag fee. Ouch.

-quote-

Will I be charged a document fee to take advantage of this Ford Family Price?

Dealers will be permitted to assess document fees on each delivery to an eligible customer under the terms of the Ford Family Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulations. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.

Will I be charged a document fee if I use the Partner Recognition Program?

Dealers must charge Partner Recognition Plan sales the same doc fee applied to sales under the Ford Family Plan Program. This requirement is only on those 2005 model Ford and Lincoln

Mercury vehicles eligible under the Ford Family Plan Program. For all other models, the standard “no doc fee” Partner Recognition rules apply.

http://www.hr.villanova.edu/FamilyPlan.pdf

SDMagee,

Yes, you probably will be charged the amounts they stated unless you can negotiate a lower charge.

As you stated, the individual States have various policies regarding what document fees can be charged. Here in Texas, the maximum document fee that can be charges is $50 and the dealers will generally not negotiate the document fees.

As for Taxes, Title and Licensing Fees, those are Fees that go to the state and the dealer cannont change the price of those fees. However, some dealers in Texas have been known to charge a $10-$25 fee to pickup and install the license plates on your new vehicle. If that's the case, you have the right to register and pickup your own plates.

...Rich

$300 for doc fee "WOW". I have never been charged more than $50 here in the houston area. I wonder if the family plan is making dealers raise the prices on other things. That doc fee amounts to free money for them.

It gets worse. I was just at a different dealer here yesterday, they had a doc fee of $389. Give me a break! Why such an inflated fee here in NC?

Dealers are not loosing money on this Ford Family Plan. They get a commission from Ford to sell at that price, Plus they still keep the holdback, which is about $1200 for an 05 F-250.

So this Doc Fee is really a crime in my book.

sdm

Buyer beware. Welcome to the world of auto sales. You tell them what you are going to pay. If they don't like it, don't buy it.

Ford is not making them raise the cost of other things. They are doing it on thier own.

Tom

Tell them if they want to sell the vehicle, you'll have to offset their 'document fee' with a 'buyer's fee'. ;)

Latest posts