Does anyone here fish???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Farris

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone was into fishing in here... I am sure there are... This forum is great and checked all the time, and I wish there was a fishing forum like it. Anyway I am new to the fishing thing, and wanted to know some tricks and hints that you guys and gals use. I love fishing for Crappie. If you would like you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you would rather not give your tricks to everyone! Just kidding. Hope to hear form you guys soon.

Birdy

To me, my best trick is just to enjoy it! Took my 4 year old daughter out for the first time this year and had a blast watching how excited she was to catch them. The right bait is really important also.;)

My son and I love to fish. We geocache and fish 3 weeks a year just the two of us. I prefer bass fishing but crappie can be more fun when they're biting. My favorite will always be the 6 foot tarpon I caught when I was a teenager. That whole trip was great even though we lost a $600 Canon overboard on a big swell when we were heading out. The only picture we got was from a polaroid that has since faded to orange and pink.

Like they say, "A bad day fishing beats a good day at work!"

stonemiser... the right bait??? What is that! I have been using powerbait but I think tiny perch are eating it and running because i come up with an emptly hook all the time!!!

Here is a link to a web site the Rich Stern started: Nitro/Tracker Owners Web Site; For owners and ethusiasts of Nitro and Tracker brand bass boats.

I'm sure there are fishers in this forum, but you might find more over there....

Last edited by a moderator:
Please see link. From a Gulf of Mexico trip on 10sept. My bro-in-law is in the middle with the ship's captain on the left and deckhand on the right. Got 100 lbs of red snapper also.

i go fishing in the long island sound near stamford ct. and other places too for blue fish, porgie, bass....

bunker fishing is really fun and bloddy to get bait for blue fish

depends what kind of crappie your fishin for... if you fishin for like brim, blue gill, sun fish, shell cracker then crickets and corn are the best but you can use hot dogs too.

But if your fishin for spec then there are a couple things you can do. 1 is to use minnows or crickets on a bobber about 1.5 - 2.5 feet under. or 2 is to use a good jig and hit lillys or some kind of structure with good moving water that you can flick into.

But bass..... wooooooo were movin on to a whole other book there!!!! you need some help gimme a hollar!

I visit a power plant lake (lake monticello)that dosent allow anything but fishermen on it. It's a little further to go but nooo jet skis. If it bite then Ill fish for it just glad to be on the water. Best fishing is when I visit my inlaws in Vermont and mt bro in law whom is a big time bass man tkes me out. Lake Champlain is on heck of a pond for sport fishing, I tell my wife were going on our yearly family visit/fishing vacition.

This was the catch of the day on our vacation to Belize. :D

edit: 7 1/2 ft, 200+ lbs Bull shark

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
[Broken External Image]:

Caught January 2002. 106". Just missed the Florida state record for the type of light tackle we were using.

Mookie, Rich Stern started the Nitro / Tracker sister site because that is the boat that he has, and Rich is BIG into bass fishing.

And, just over a month ago my son & I split the cost (still has to pay me back) of a Triton SF21 (the SF stands for ski/fish) boat. Take a look at the Triton web site. So, I have a feeling that I will be getting into fishing myself.

I fish and I hunt whenever possible. Right Now I am bowhunting for WHitetails in MA. and this Saturday I will be hunting for Pheasant down on Cape Cod, next week it will

be hunting White Tails in deep woods Maine for the week. I freshwater fish the Quabbin and Wachusette Resevoir in MA for Lake Trout in the spring,, Small Mouth in summer I fish for stocked rainbow just for a quick dinner here and there...I love Ice Fishing for Pike pickeral perch and largemouth all over MA or Smelting at night,

Striper Fishing is my passion though and every now and then a bluefish blitz is the balls. Flounder and Fluke are also a good time with my 3 year old.

DId a trip this summer for yellowfin, bonito and stripers off MArthas Vineyard..

Ohh what fun.... And my wife is cool with a lot of this so thats makes it even better!

Latest posts