Does anyone know if door lock actuators are covered?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H N

Reaction score
If there's anybody that has had a problem with their acutators is it included under the basic extended warranty. 5/75,000 I already learned my lesson and my local dealership wouldn't cover regulators after taking my whole back window apart to find out. I ended up paying $80 for them to tell me the regulator wasn't covered but if it was the switch it would've been covered. so I ended up buying the regulator myself but just haven't installed yet.

My new problem it the drivers rear door locks sometimes and I know it's the actuator. I'm sick of all the minor crap going wrong with my trac but I love it so I won't trade it in. :(

You can get a door lock actuator off eBay for $3, + $6 S&H. I dunno if they are covered under your warranty, but I would expect it to be a normal wear and tear item.

Warranty companies weasle...its not a warranty, it's repair insurance and like an insurance company they are going to deny as many claims as possible.

TJR

...and people wonder why I don't get the extended warranty.

56,300 miles and no repairs yet.

Tom

If you buy the extended warranty directly from ford your covered and ok. ( just watch which level of coverage you purchase)....

If you buy a third party warranty, you are throwing money out the window....

Todd Z

depends on the extended warranty you bought, even from Ford. I had one on my wifes Mercury and much to my dismay, it did not cover alot of stuff I THOUGHT it should. Alot of the electrical stuff was not.... it was the extracare plan.

Mine was covered (same one). The mechanic noted that "“Burned out. "Rear door lock actuator replaced". Note to not “blare stereo so loud�." So, did this guy actually think that the speaker broke the actuator? And if it did, what a pile of an actuator.

Yardsale,

What the heck is this you wrote?

The mechanic noted that "“Burned out. "Rear door lock actuator replaced". Note to not “blare stereo so loud�."

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what the Ford mechanic noted on the R.O. (exact quote). Some gibberish about how the speaker, due to high stereo volume, broke the actuator.

Latest posts