Done, just done !! 2010 Sport Trac Ltd 4.6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisryan340

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
At my end of patience. 2010 Sport Trac 4x4, 4.6ltr

Ready to dump a bunch of fuel, toss a match, and walk away ! Was a great truck... was ! Firstly, fuel pressure module kicked in, replaced it, oem. All good.... then, the Ignition Immobilizer module kicked in, replaced it, oem, good to go... now.. lmao.. no crank, no start, code 16.. zero coms with ecm/pcm.. yes, different scanners were tried, all of which, work on every other vehicle, but this pile of.... checked all grounds, powers, clips, plugs, obd2 plug pins all good and snug..battery perfect.. dealership said pcm... so, like a dummy, I buy a new one..install, ( yes, battery was disconnected before replacement ) go to get it flashed etc.. guess what.. no communication with ecm/pcm.. what a joke. Also.. keys have been tried, reprogrammed with oem set up ( original ) Sooooo..lol. I ask the service department for schematics for the entire p.a.t.s as well for crayon cardboard pictures so I know what each main plug 3 of them, and all pins, and all hot wires, and all grounds, and for the p.a.t.s... he looks at me and says.. oh, so sorry, but we can't give that out to the public... lmao.. someone have a pack of matches they can give me... ?

you can buy the OEM ford manual on ebay for under $30, cd may be cheaper, full 3 book set under 100. ... NOT haynes or that chiltons junk. The computer also needs to be programed to the truck, its not plug and play, unless you bought it specifically programmed.
Welcome to owning a 14 year old truck that has electronics that are planned to burn out. Buy a 21 anything, you will be jumping off a cliff.