2001 Gen One Door Lock Intermittent

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Fengel

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
The Lock on the Driver's Door is intermittent, as in sometimes it will unlock and sometimes it takes a couple of pressing the Key Fob to unlock it. It still works with the Key and always unlocks using the inside door handle. The electric Actuator still functions but the Lock Button stays in the down position until it finally unlocks.

While searching for clues on YouTube, I found a couple videos showing people finding a small broken spring in the Door Lock and I found one in mine so I suspect that's my problem. The only thing is there are so many videos and it becomes confusing to me. I went to Ace Hardware and found a couple of Springs about the same size with hooks on the ends but I don't know the original length because I haven't removed the Door Panel to see if it might be still installed.

My questions is, are there any YouTube videos that show where the Spring should be installed? I would like to only remove the Door Panel once and be done with it, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!

John

Its the actuator....