don't like 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Poche

Reaction score
checked out an 07 limited today at the local Sam's i like all the pics i have seen but i don't like it in person. 1 frame hangs low 2 factory hitch seems cheap. 3 whole ST looks cheap. sorry to any one who has one this is just my opinion

2001 ST 4x4 job 1... Lookin' cheap! :)

[Broken External Image]:

I'm not a fan of the '07 either after seeing it in person. Too many thing little things I don't like about it right now. Maybe future runs will address these 'issues', maybe not...

I was looking the other day and I saw some thngs that I was not fond of but what I didn't like are just minor and I would be able to deal with cause I love the styling and power. Hey when the ST first came out in 01 I thought it was nasty.... Now I love my ST!:D

I don't like it either. No offense taken. I drove over a curb with it and it bottomed out. I got rear-ended yesterday and his whole front clip is screwed up and it only put a little scratch on my hitch. The '07 ST is NOT as rugged. One thing I really miss about my '02 ST was that I could hear the wind and road noise which helped me figure out my speed without having to look down. Now, I keep pushing the pedal down and it goes faster and I don't even realize it. That and the wheel hop is gone. I can't complain to the state about pot holes any more because I don't feel them. That means they won't be fixed. So, ultimately, my '07 ST is putting state workers out of a job. j/k :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention .... with the V8 the gas mileage is the same as the V6's ... they should at least made the gas mileage worse with the peppier engine on the '07's. Plus the four wheel independant suspension really ruins the necessity to buy a heavy duty sway bar and expensive Ranco shocks ..... darn.... oh well ;)

I have 6/05 build date '05 Sport Trac XLT Premium, black with the tan leather interior, eight way adjustable driver and passenger seats with heat and lumbar, factory fog lights, hard tonneau

cover (factory locking), painted lower fascias, running boards,deluxe premium wheels, sunroof,

white letter tires, dealer-replaced front end including the caster-camber adjusting kit installed,

250 watt Pioneer stereo with 4 6x8 250 watt door speakers with dyna-mat (did it myself,

professionally, thank you!), and mobil one synthetic since the second oil change, currently

at 16, 250 highway miles. The bid starts at ???!!! ;):wub:

P.S. Also have the rear seat heat and air vents and controls!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has a very familiar ring to me. In 2003 Pontiac designed the GP, and I traded my '01 ST for a new '04 GP. By all accounts it was a more sophisticated, better handling, quieter vehicle. It also had more HP and some nice new features vs. the '97-'03 design. Yet on the GP forum, the '04 was getting beat up by the 97-03 owners. The complaints about the new design were mostly nit-picky, small things, but were usually preceded by comments like "I hate the new design. It's ugly!" The "discussion" became Old vs. New, with neither side really willing to admit any of the others' comments had merit. Over time this disdain for the new design mellowed, but it was not a fun forum to visit.

Flash forward to now. I hear about the redesigned '07 ST, and decide to trade my '04 GP for the new ST. I once again start visiting this ST forum. I had fond memories of a friendly, helpful group of ST addicts who rarely took shots at one another - and when they did it was with a smile and a wink. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I hope the '07 discussion doesn't become an Us vs.Them situation like I saw on the Pontiac forum. Sorry to "get preachy", but I truly believe this is one of the best forum I have seen and now that I am back with a new '07, I hope it stays that way.

Wow... Well said Crash...

I love my ST, (01 job 1) But I sure wouldn't mind havin that V-8 in there..I also like the air vents that were on the front fenders of the concepts( like the Range Rovers, and the new Escalade). Did they do away with those? I didn't notice the vents on the pics of the ones posted...

Everyone will pick at every thing they own.

People pick at the 01-05 St and people will pick at the 07 and up...

I can think of things that I dont and do like about both.

Some of it is legitimate, Some of it is Jealousy, and some of it (I think) is the feeling that Ford gave us a model as a feeler to bait us in to getting rid of the left over stock and then come out with something much better..

I may be wrong, but just my thoughts..

Todd Z

I don't have an opinion on the '07 simply because I have no desire nor reason to get a new vehicle; so I haven't looked at them nor anything else. Don't plan to for years. Seems some here worry too much about what others think. Take some advise from an older guy....you are wasting your time if you worry about such things. Use that mental energy for something productive. In the end, the only thing that matters is if YOU like what you have. Learn to think that way and you'll save yourself a great deal of anxiety.

Good advice from one old guy to another - "Don't sweat the small stuff." Advice received and accepted. I may have come across as a bit "emotional" concerning dissenting opinions of the '07. I really don't care if anyone else likes my choice of vehicle or not. I was just reacting (or over-reacting, as the case may be) to what I sensed as a change in tone of the replies I was reading on the '07 opinions. Since I have been away from this forum for awhile, perhaps it is simply faulty memories on my part. Either way, you are right. It is a waste of time to get overly concerned whenever someone sees things slightly differently than you.

I like my '02, and I hope to enjoy an '07 in a couple of months. Things to like and dis-like about each, but overall they are what I want in a vehicle. :cool:

Right, Crash, we were all one big happy family when there was only one model, now, with the new 07 model you will have envy, or percieved envy and the sour grapes that are associated. It's the same thing you see when someone talks about getting something OTHER than an ST. Some people simply can't be happy, and if someone chooses something different from them they must be stupid or something. Like I said, its low-ego, little-penis, envy stuff.

TJR

It does indeed show one's intelligence when he chooses to use sexual inuendo to make a point about a topic that is anything but sexual.

Yowzer! Nice one Bill-E; but I guess the old adage about people compensating for their inadequacies in the cars they drive, and thereby the defense of those cars as further compensation was lost on you. Sorry for not being more specific.

Let me try again....

People that can't be happy for others and the choices that others make, and instead have to put people down for those choices; especially when the choices come down to "personal preferences", by and large, IMHO, are people of low-ego and with self-esteem issues. In other words, people needing to feel good about themselves through the choices they make by belittling the choices others make.

That's the way I see it...and it is also known as "little peter syndrome!".

TJR