Door code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Martin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the code for the keyless entry? I dive and fish a lot and it would be of great help to be able to just lock the keys in the truck and use the key pad. The dealer wants $100 to hook it up to a damn computer to tell me the code. I heard it was in the compartment with the Jack behind the back seat; is this true?

Shawn- Search "Keyless Entry" on this board. (All Posts)

Appears to be more than one method of retrieving the 5 digit code.

Last edited by a moderator:
From and old post:

The Explorer Sports Trac module with the code for the keyless entry is located under the defrost panel just under the passenger side windshield. You will need to take a thin flat tool like a putty knife or a butter knife and gently pry the defroster vent off from the dash. Then lean over the hood on the outside passenger side. You will need to pull the passenger side wiper up to see inside clearly. You will also need a flashlight. You will see a white, cream, or yellow colored box. Look for the word FORWARD just above an arrow and you will find the sticker just above that. On some models the 5 numbers are engraved in the module. This will give you the factory code for the door. You can then program the door to a code of your own choosing. YOU CAN NOT change the factory code. Reprogramming instructions are in the owner's manual.

Shawn,

My library has the link I used to find my code. I could never see the code by going though the defrost vent. Just too much stuff on top of the security control box. You will have to pull the passenger air bag. make sure to follow the instructions step by step. Only takes about 15 minutes or so.

Best

Dennis

yeah use the passenger airbag method under the projects section. takes 10 minutes and is very easy but i suggest having a helping hand just to help handle the potential missile, i mean airbag

If you just bought the vehicle, the dealership should do this for nothing. My last ST was missing the # as well, and the dealer asked for $100. It's part of the vehicle's "functionality" - so unless they sold it to you knowing that it didn't function, they are obligated... at least that was what Ford told me when I called them asking how to obtain it.

my code was on the computer module which is behind the passengers seat where the jack is a flashlight and a small mirror com in hady to get the code. It is writtten right on the module

Eric,

The Job 1 Tracs had their code where you stated, the Job 2 and newer of the first generation have it on the module that is behind the passengers side air bag..