Door Edge Guards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
Anyone ever use this stuff? Any good? What are my other choices?

I was thinking about just getting the U shaped clear rubber guards.

I don't think I would go with the clear. You would be able to see dirt and road grime under it but I do like it and am also thinking about some myself that would match the paint.

I used to have the thin U shaped rubber guard strips in clear all around the doors of my ST. They turned yellowish after about 4 months in the Texas heat/sun. I took them off and installed black ones.....it's been about 1 1/2 and no problems what so ever....they blend in with the door lines of the ST so you can't tell they are on unless you look specifically at the edge of the door trim. My girlfriends Mitsubishi Outlander came with clear tape guards (similar to the e-bay product) and they are starting to turn yellow and spider crack. The Outlander is going to be 3 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the black on mine, The universal fit stuff from pep boys. Been 3 years now no trouble at all... JUST make sure there is no wax in that area and install on a hot day....

Todd Z

I think thats what I'm going to try, the u shaped one from pep boys. Now I have ot find one in NYC that actually stocks some of it.

I was just looking for the link, I think they are metal.

This is from Rusty...

http://www.fordpartsfast.com/fordpartsfast/

Last edited by a moderator:
Over time they will scratch the paint very much like a aftermarket bra does. On all our cars I put .75" paint protection film strips. You can't see it unless you 6 inches from the car and it will not harm the paint.