door lock lights wont turn off

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Sove

Reaction score
i did the led swap a few months ago.. every light bulb in my interior i swapped out for the leds. everything was great until yesterday, when the headlight switch light went out, as well as the fog light indicator light (in the same bezel (04) ) .. NOW, tonight i notice the pass. side and driver side lock lights in the door are staying on.. any ideas?

Those will stay on for a period of time, that is normal..

I personally HATE leds.. ( just had to throw that out there)

Todd Z

well im beginning to hate them.. i must have gotten a bad batch of them. well its been over an hour and they are still on.. still make sense?

I don't know how long my stay on for, But it is a long time....

I wounder if the voltage is weird and the LEDs are messing with it...

I don't know..

Todd Z

You may have the LEDs installed backwards. LEDs are sensitive to proper voltage flow, installing them incorrectly will cause them to fail prematurely.

yea, im wondering if maybe the other lights going out is part of the same problem.. or causing the problem, im fixing the headlight and fog leds now, we'll see if it helps. thanks todd.

tiger,

If you install and led back wards, doesn't it not light up ??

Todd Z

yea. if u hook them up backwards all u get is a dark interior. im gonna go check them in a sec to see if they are off yet.its been over an hour

ok. problem fixed. headlight led was a bad resistor. the fog light switch bulb was a bad led. lol so its fixed, and when i went out to plug the housing back in the door lock lights were off. im going to bed. finally...

Latest posts