door locks....consoles...and such???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sup folks.....

i have a question for all you experts of all things Sport Trac....! I am having a little problem with my 01' Tracs door lock on the driver side door. It only happens some of the time, but when it does it pisses me off:angry:......anywho...heres the problem----when i press the "unlock" button on my keyless remote....the driver side door does not unlock....it moves like it wants to unlock....it makes a nice unlocking sound.....but i don't unlock ......:wacko:........so i am left to unlock the rest of the doors and snake in thru the back driver side door to open it with the handle.........ahhh i know what you all are thinking......"why not just unlock it with the key?"....well cause that won't work either:D.....tha blasted key won't turn.......so as you can probably imagine....i am a little peeved! Just wondering if any of you guys/girls have had this problem.....if so help a brotha out!

also while i am typing, have any of you ever taken the console out of your s/t's. i have the console with the armrest and the two cup holders that go all the way up to tha dash, not the one that's just the armrest......i was just wondering how in tha world you go about removing that piece of ingenious engineering?

thanks...............:rolleyes:

Door lock, normal issue is the rivets going bad and allowing the lock to power lock motor to move, thus, it makes the nice noise but does not unlock.

But I think you have a stuck lock cylinder based on your description.

I would suggest you remove your panel, remove the rod going up to the key lock and then see if the electronic part works...

Scott is correct. The upper half of the high series center console is snapped in there real tight. You may need some help gripping it. I wear a snug fitting leather glove for more friction. Pull up on the rear end of it first, then when that pops loose, rotate it on up, and out.

Latest posts