Door speakers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can fit anything you want in there. You might have to trim some metal, make spacers or drill new mounting holes to make 'em fit though.

Why do you want to go with a 6x9? There are plenty of very good speakers in the standard size or round component style.

I had a 2000 explorer that i fit some 6x9's in.... It required some sheetmetal cutting and some spacers so that the magnet would fit... .i would suggest rolling your windows down all the way to see just how much space you have to work with... I made spacers out of wood... the only drawback to putting 6x9's in is that once they are in, they are in for good. because the cutting you do makes it nearly impossable to put the original 6x8's back... So is it do-able... YES, and you get some great bass in the front... but it can be tricky. Take your time

I was just curious to see what others had done. I currently have the stoke speakers and it seems like I am missing that tight bass. My subs get the low stuff but seems like a tone is missing..

I would suggest buying an inexpensive passive, amplified component set to replace your front stage completely.

If you're buying a set of speakers just for the midbass, it's common that they are heavier than stock and will require more power to move. So you're going to want to amp them.

Unless you have passengers in the back seat often, I wouldn't bother replacing the rear speakers. The gain in sound quality is pretty marginal compaired to the cost.

You will have much better highs, bass and midbass for two reasons: 1) the corssover filtering the signals better and 2) the amplification providing the speakers with more power.

Personally, I would sound deaden the doors and seal them. I would probably stay with the stock size unless you can find a high quality, inexpensive 6.5" comp set. Image Dynamics makes a really well reviewed passive 6.5 comp set.

Latest posts