Door Trim Panels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean B

Reaction score
Someone bumped me in the parking lot and gave me a little scratch. Fortunately the scratch is on the plastic trim. I read that this was just taped on, so I figured I could pop it off and drop it off to get painted. I suggested this to the guy at the body shop, but he said that I would never be able to get it to stay on the truck when I put it back on. I am having a little bit of trouble taking his word for it they will make a lot more money off masking off my whole truck to avoid the over spray.

So does anyone know if this guy was just pulling my leg?

I am not even concerned so much about the cost, but it would be a whole lot more convenient to just get the one part painted.

Thanks,

Sean

have you thought about the touch up paint available at the parts store. You're talking about alot of $$ for a "scratch". Leave the truck with the body guy, should only take a day if its that small of a scratch.

My '04 is the same color. I just touch it up. It dont mater how well I park, it is going happen again and again ....;)

If I wasn't paying for it I would probably just go with the touch up paint, but there are two decent sized spots, and the person who scratched it is willing to pay...

I took it by the dealership yesterday and his estimate to replace the panel with a new one was only $40 more than the estimate I have for getting it painted. He also said that trying to take the panel off and getting it to re-stick wasn't a good idea.

I am still having a hard time understanding why a new one is going to stick any better than the old one...

Thanks.

Latest posts