DORMAN driveshaft

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Risky Bizness"

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
The rubber bushing on my 2008 Adrenalin V-8 AWD decided to disintegrate. I have access to a new DORMAN shaft. Can get it installed Wednesday.

Anybody ever use one? Likes/dislikes ? It's already ordered, so I'm gonna use it, just wanted opinions.

Thanx,

"Risky Bizness"

Anyone/ no one ???

I have a 08 limited 4x4 AWD v6.just went through all that mess too. I'm not sure what brand mine is but it's ok... another one of Ford's better ideas...can't replace the carrier bearing,no dip stick to check the transmission fluid... Two very stupid ideas...not happy with that...

It is supposed to be put in on Wed morning. And you are correct, NOT one of FORD's better ideas.

I guess FORD does NOT have any idea about how many of their Sport Tracs are still in service, and how much people want to keep driving them.

Have said it before, and will say it again, ............ scrap the Maveric and bring back the Sport Trac !!! I've driven the Maveric, and do NOT like it !!!!!!! (Just my $0.02 )

The drive shaft is very easy to install...I had access to a nice lift and it a 1 hr or less job... what I don't understand is certain carrier bearings are replaceable .lot of difference between replacing a carrier bearing and replacing the whole drive shaft 🤬

Your emails were 6 hour apart on a forum that's dead as a door nail.

I have one in the blue truck, Been there for about 2 years.

I saw prices as low as $94 and as high as $1200.... I got one from eBay for $213 with Free shipping...

The rubber bushing on my 2008 Adrenalin V-8 AWD decided to disintegrate. I have access to a new DORMAN shaft. Can get it installed Wednesday.

Anybody ever use one? Likes/dislikes ? It's already ordered, so I'm gonna use it, just wanted opinions.

Thanx,

"Risky Bizness"
please post how well it fits. I would be interested in one thanks

Provided the right one was ordered, I will know late tomorrow night how it does. I have to go to Nebraska tomorrow to pick up a new truck for the dealership.

WIll be glad to let you know how it works out.

Provided the right one was ordered, I will know late tomorrow night how it does. I have to go to Nebraska tomorrow to pick up a new truck for the dealership.

WIll be glad to let you know how it works out.
thank you so much!

If you look on Rock Auto, you can see the shaft. There is "2" listed under this number. The # is: 936-896

O.K., here's the latest. The shop went to put the driveshaft in today, and found out that the "coupling" where it bolts up was fractured !!!!!!!!! SO, another one has been ordered. Hopefully will be here next Tuesday for installation. 😢😢😢

O.K., here's the latest. The shop went to put the driveshaft in today, and found out that the "coupling" where it bolts up was fractured !!!!!!!!! SO, another one has been ordered. Hopefully will be here next Tuesday for installation. 😢😢😢
thank you for the update..at least its nit s fitment issue

please post how well it fits. I would be interested in one thanks

Mines been good for 2+ years.
The ONLY thing with the cheap shafts is the carrier bearing mount may not come with the studs in it. You may have to add bolts and nuts, OR i was able to cut the weld and hammer out the stud and swap it over to the dorman one. Easy,

Mine fit perfectly...only issue I had was the old nuts that hold the carrier bearing in place were a different thread. The new one didn't come with nuts. So my guy recut the new bolts so my old nuts worked great. We looked for nuts to fit the new one but after about 45 minutes we gave up a he re thread the new one...not a big problem...but as far as the length it was just right...you have a little play if you need it...

Mine fit perfectly...only issue I had was the old nuts that hold the carrier bearing in place were a different thread. The new one didn't come with nuts. So my guy recut the new bolts so my old nuts worked great. We looked for nuts to fit the new one but after about 45 minutes we gave up a he re thread the new one...not a big problem...but as far as the length it was just right...you have a little play if you need it...
thank you for all the info..i am ordering one this week. enjoy your Labor Day Weekend

Latest posts