Double sided tape

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimB Butler

Reaction score
Hello all STers,

Query..I will be replacing my blue ford emblems with color matched emblems. What kind of double sided tape should I use? Is there a particular brand I should use?

Thanks to all that reply. :)

The best 3M tape for long time adhesion is one called VHB (Very High Bond). Sets up very fast and is the stuff we use on construction all of the time. It comes in 1" wide and I expect you'll need about 6". It's expensive to buy, but I have a little left from a job. Send me an email with your address and I'll send you some.:)

TimB, if I may ask, what type of color matched emblems are you referring to? Where do you get them? Are you speaking of the Ford emblems? I have an 01 ST in the Island Blue color (code?) and think it may highlight my ST. :huh:

3M double sided from Home Depot. It is color coded. You want 'red' for permanent. It will not let go approximately 45 minutes after applied. It gives you a little time to re-adjust if you need to. The hot sun and extremely hot car body will only make it hold tighter. You will not be able to remove it without considerable effort. Same stuff all the aftermarket manufacturers use for instance window visors.

Thanks again to all that replied to my inquery.

mrmarvyn, my ST and emblems, front and tailgate, are toreador red. I got them from www.planetauto. homestead.com/index.html. I got them about three years ago, just getting around to putting them on.

afwill, thanks for the offer but I can get it from here.

Andrew, thanks for the link.

Me, thanks for the info.

Did I miss anyone? If so, Thanks again. :D:D:D