DOUG @ BAMA CHIPS... EMAIL ME... I WOULD LIKE AN XCAL2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Doug,

I have sent 2 emails with no response regarding getting an Xcal2. Would you like my money? I have a couple small questions i would like to have answered before I purhcase one though.

email me @ [email protected]

Dallas

Big D, check your spam filters, and which e-mail are you sending to? He usually answers me within a day or so. What's your question?

I wanted to get the 3 tunes. 91 peformance, an 87 mileage tune and a towing tune. I wanted to know if he had a mileage 87 octane tune and which tune would be best for towing (whether it be one of his torque tunes etc....). Also if it costs more to get the items shipped to Canada, If so what my total cost would be.

I received an email from him last week which should prove that I can receive them.... He just hasnt replied to my recent questions yet.

A mileage 87 tune would be a waste, IMO. You will only receive full benefit from a tune if using 93. Torque tune would be the best for towing.

well i get 3 tunes... and im getting the torque and performance ones already (only 91 octane available in my area) ... so I figured if I am going to a gas saver why would I pay for more expensive fuel just to save gas... the costs would cancel eachother out. I would most liekly rarely use this tune anyways but I can think of a better 3rd tune...

87 performance, 91 performance, and 87 or 91 towing. If you drive a performance tune lightly, it will basically work the same as a gas saving tune.

Indeed. All I ever run now is my 93 performance, and depending on how I drive, I get good gas mileage. The last tank is around the 350 mark and thats with me driving very agressively around town (trying out new mods, e-fan, pulleys, and ignition) I'd say about 1/4 of that tank was spent at WOT. If I'm easy on it, I have no problems hitting the 400 mark every tank.

its now been 4 hours since I started this post and about 5 hours since my morning email... and a day since I sent a previous email... gosh darn it Doug... let me spend my money already!!!! hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
damn i'm lucky if i can get a lil more than 300 miles. i do more of city than highway and average around 15. but my highway only i got a 19.6mpg. but what sucks is i have 4.10 gears.

oh and today is my 2 weeks of owning my st and now have 1057 miles on here and i love it

Reply sent! Sorry for the delay this month guys as it's been truly my busiest all year. I started the month with Sema and leaving the office for 4 days, funny story I had to have SCT ship 35 X-cal's to Vegas and I had to ship them from my motel just to keep up. Then once I got back to 200+ email in my inbox I worked through them all week with the phone's ringing off the hook. The following weekend I went to St. Louis for a two day dynoday there. Now I've gotten back and I'm still working through all of my emails while trying to answer phone calls and return messages too.

I promise you will get a responce from me when you email! Unless the spam filter picks it up? hahhaa, this will be my record month with over 80 X-cals sold..I truly appreciate everyone's patience with me and hope I can help in anyway possible!

Thanks, Doug.

Glad to hear your busy. I would hate to answer emails. With the spam and filter problems. I can see how a company can miss something. Something so small and it will set someone off. I usually make the phone call or do the online purchase if possible first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts