DPFE Senor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My CEL is on... did a test... came back with P0401... egr flow...

Okay with that said I'm going to replace my DPFE sensor. I did a search on NAPA's website and found a part that looks like it but has a different name. So i need to know it this is the same thing or did NAPA just place a random pic there. They call it a Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Position Sensor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know.

Honestly, I would just repoolace it with the Ford part. I had my DPFE sensor replaced under warranty about 35,000 miles ago. No problems since.

BTW, what year and how many miles do you have on your Trac? Ford did extend the warranty on the DPFE sensor.

Tom

Well i have a 2002 ST with 80,000 miles so my warranty is long gone. So I guess I was lucky that it lasted this long. I don't like my Service Dept so if i can get some where else i like that better.

The DPFE is the second one with the 2 prongs sticking out of it and the plug.

If you get the Motorcraft one from Ford, it's a refit kit, and they include the sensor and a new pigtail plug to plug it in. Changing it out is less than a 5 minute job if you have alot of muscle.