DPFE Sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Alright, got the EGR error code, did the research, got the DPFE sensor. I was getting my oil changed and the service guy told me I could do it myself in 5 minutes. I looked at it and it doesn't look too complex, but I just wanted to cover my bases before i start messing around under the hood. Are there any special tools I need to pull the old sensor off? I don't want to pull the lines off to find I just tore something inside.

If it wasn't for this site I don't know how much money I would have given the dealer to resolve this for me. Thanks guys!

Conrad.

Pull off two hoses on the bottom and one plug on the top and your done. Just make sure you don't do what I did last summer when I put the thing in backwards and kept getting the error code! 5 minutes to change it must include a cold one thrown in at the end of the job.

Could allways buy it and let that service guy throw it on for you....

Todd Z

That was probably the easiest thing in the world to replace on that truck, it took me all of 20 seconds. A cold one seems like a great idea, think i'm gonna go crack one open right now!

Should the error code go away right away or take a while?

That was probably the easiest thing in the world to replace on that truck, it took me all of 20 seconds. A cold one seems like a great idea, think i'm gonna go crack one open right now!

Should the error code go away right away or take a while?

Disconnect the battery negative cable while crackin'. Reconnect when cold one

has been consumed, and all should be well...

The old one will probably be on there really solid, so you may have to loosen it up by twisting the rubber hoses back and forth with a pair of pliers to get it loose.