drag racing 101

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bill, good stuff, but a reminder of when things go wrong, they go really wrong. Awful lot of Mustangs gettin' beat up out there.

bill,

yea know that.

either way you dont want to see anyone injured/killed.

though, it is amazing what can happen to these vehicles with that kind of power.

Lost interest in NHRA Drag Racing after they shortened the track to 1000 feet. A four second drag race? Don't blink or you will miss the race, especially now. Understand it's for safety reasons, and realize Team Force driver, Eric Medlin, among others, have been killed for various reasons. Just doesn't seem that difficult to lengthen the tracks for slowing down.

Awesome vids though, BB. Usually not that much action. Had to be a compilation of MANY competitions. And no, I DON'T watch racing to see crashes and people getting maimed or killed. Used to race myself. (F-1 Boats)

Last edited by a moderator:
gary, if there was no danger in any sport, we would all be doing that stuff.

Thats what sepaerates say football from pro racing, in football you only need one ball:p

awesome video. have been to englishtown NJ for the past 4 years and running, i will never miss the NHRA drags. I was always a NASCAR fan until my friends dragged me to the drags. first pass i saw at 8k horsepower i was hooked. much respect for the guys in the video even though they were wrecks, those cars are the definition of bad a$$

I have a freind running a '93 stang notchback at Baytown, TX trac. Wheely bars and dual chutes. Running low 9's.

He is the one that helped me collect parts and make decisions for my budget. On the stang in my library.

Proper build, tweaking and safety is his priority. Lucky in 20 years, never crashed.