Drain valve installed in 07 Trans Pan

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
I installed a 1/2" Fumoto oil drain valve today in the transmission pan of my 07 ST. Future trans fluid changes will now be quick and easy. 07 6 speed trans fluid capacity is 11.2 Qts of Mercon SP fluid. I measured the fluid removed carefully, and it was 6 qts exactly. I may have spilled a couple ounces in the process so I refilled with 6qts 2oz of Ford Mercon SP. The drain valve has a nipple for a slide on 3/8 I.D. hose. I can drain the fluid straight into my oil collection container. The only drawback to the 07 is the location of the fill/plug/dipstick combo. It's on the passenger side of the trans above the pan. I had to pump the new fluid into the pan with a gear oil hand pump (it screws onto the fluid bottle). No big deal, but would sure be easier if Ford installed a traditional dip stick/fill spout in the engine compartment. While I had the vehicle in the air, I drained and refilled the transfer case with R.P. Synthetic Mercon ATF.

/Brad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

fill plug/dip stick

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool deal brad.... !!!!!

One thing I made for that hand pump is I took a 3/8 Brake line and Bent it in a "J" shape and clamped it to the pump hose...

Works great in this situation !!!

Keep up the good work !!!

Todd Z

Latest posts