Driver Door Lock actuator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
Last night, I opened the door and heard something hit the ground but could not find anything. thought it might be a coin or something.

This morning, I notice the driver door will not lock with the remote, the door switch, or the keypad -- all other doors work fine.

I took the door panel off and found the actuatator mounting rivet (goes through the door) had sheared in half. This is what I heard hitting the ground. The bottom half of the rivet is in the plastic of the actuator, and I can not see how to get the thing out.

Does anyone have a diagram of this and can give me some advice on how to remove the actuator?

Hey Cruz, if you can drill the rivet out of the actuator, you can use a nut and bolt to re install it. Just use some locktight. Does the actuator still work? If it has simply fallen off, try bolting it back on. If it does not work anymore, you can allways buy a generic actuator and bolt the new one in the old one's place. You may have to "customize" the mount of the new one.

Cuda, If I can figure out how to remove it, I will likely do what you suggest. Actuator does work, Problem is, I am doing it all by feel and a pic would be nice. I'll try to find a mirror so I can try to get a better view of the situation.

Thanks for the advice......

gerry

My driver door power lock stopped working as well. After reading many boards I am finding the ST has the same problems across the boards. The power door lock will lock/unlock all other doors except the driver side.

Mike, look at the door and see if there is a hole just below the lock/catch assembly. Compare to the passenger side. Mine sheared off the rivet that holds the mechanism in place. I gave the stealership an hours labor to remove it, drill out the remains of the old rivet and remount it. Works fine now.

Of course, it could be the actuator itself, same process, but there would be parts cost involved.

I don't know what I would do without the power locks and the keypad -- I love being able to lock my keys in the ST when doing things that might allow me to lose them.