driver side door doesnt unlock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Vannostrand

Reaction score
hey everyone, i have an 01 st and the other day the driver side door stopped unlocking when i try to use either keypad or the door unlock on the armrest, it just moves ever soo little bit, so today i tried to unlock it using my key, and now it wont lock at all, still tries to move but doesnt. Now i cant even unlock it with my key, the lock simply wont turn. Any ideas so i can tackle this tomorrow? Maybe a diagram of the inside of the door? maybe lock accuator? any diagrams or whatever would help.

thanks mysporttrac.com

Frank

Probably popped off the rivet as Chris said, same happened to my 01. If you pop the door panel off you should be able to come up with something to get it back on. I forgot what I did, but I frankensteined something with hardware kicking around the garage and it's bee fine. This was a couple years ago.

its soo wierd i took the door panel off and checked everything, so i decided to water displacement 40 it ( wd-40 ) and walla works great. thanbsk everyone for there suggestions. we shall see how it goes.

Frank

Latest posts