Driver side rear turn signal problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I am having problems with my driver side rear turn signal. When I turn the signal on, the arrow is blinking really fast but the light in the tailligjt is not blinking. I turned it on awhile later and it was working fine. Now it is doing it again not working and arrow blinking fast. What could be the problem. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

I think the the tail light bulb has burned out and the fast blinking arrow in your instrument panel is designed to make you aware of this.

If that doesn't fix it, check the wiring harness in your steering column. When mine came on, it simulated a burnt out turn signal, and I lost brakelights. This happened to me the night before I left for Louisville.

The problem Larry described is common. When you move the tilt wheel, strain on a plug causes one on the wires to lose connection.

If not, you may have a burned out filament in the taillight bulb that is only making contact

sometimes, with the other side of the filament, if this makes any sense!

I've seen it before in my job as a quality inspector at G.M.

Try the taillight bulb, first, and then check the steering column, as this was somewhat

of a problem in the '01-'03s, but not so much in the '04s and '05s, as you and I seem to

have. :)

On the late '04s, and all '05s, I understand, that they (Ford) was supposed to have fixed

this part of the problem by either lengthening the wire harness, or putting a ty-wrap

around the connection inside the steering column to prevent this specific problem

from occuring. I have not had it yet in my '05 with 20,000 miles and frequent use of the

tilt column!

Good luck Andrew, we'll help you with it, either way!. :)

I replaced the bulb last night. I thought that fixed it so I did not check the wire. I pulled into work this morning and it did it again. I will check the wire out when I get home tonight. Thanks for all the help.

Andrew

Latest posts