Driver's Seat Bottom Cushion Failing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Schaecher

Reaction score
Anyone else having any issue with the driver's seat bottom cushion? The clips that hold the back under the seat broken and now the sides are tearing loose and the foam is exposed above the power controls.

Do I need to replace the whole seat or can I get a new bottom cusion?

How much cash am I looking at?

Anyone parting out a Trac that may have a seat?

Extra cash comes in, and immediately goes out to repairing parts that should never have failed..... oh well.

I wounder if it is the way you get in and out if the truck or cleaning products used. I am over 300 pounds and my seat is 100%......

I know on my mustang I bought a bottom from ford , but it may include the whole frame and cover and was not cheep. I say go the used route, You may want to have Coastiejoe (Kevin) look at local yards for you...

Todd Z

I've tried to be careful about getting in and out. I think it goes back to the clips on the rear of the bottom cushion that tie it to the seat breaking.

I'm at 250lbs, so I will say that MAY have a small part to do with it, but you would figure that a seat designer should take into account that there are some fat asses (like me) driving right now.