Dual Exhaust?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyoku Delvey

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some pipes put on my ST, but I've heard a lot of people say that dual exhaust causes engine trouble. Can anyone clear this up for me? I have a 2002 2WD V6 ST. Any suggestions about which kinds to get? I've read some other messages about the Magnaflow 16679, so I went and checked it out. From what I could tell, it was only made for the '07 V8 ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems, the issue is the ability of the shop doing the work to correctly route the pipes for you....

The magnaflow is good and so is the flowmaster.

nothing will make it sound like a v8, but it will have a nice sound to it....

Todd Z

Magna-Flow makes a cat back single kit for '01 to '05 ST. I have it on my '04.

You can get it from one of our sponsers, explorer express, or cheaper from others online.

I love my flowmaster delta 40 single in dual out (all 2.25") system. Its what I seem to see as the most common exhaust modification on this site.

heartthrob makes a dual kit that clears the rear tire for the sport trac. if you are looking for a kit and not custom work heartthrob is your only choice. you can get the kit at www.jcwhitney.com . not sure how it is. i would probably get it if i could do it over but i went with dynomax and am more than happy. i only hear good things about heartthrob if you are wondering

I think JC Whitney only offered straights for the Heartthrob kit. I want angled pipes that produce some good sound. I know I can't expect great sound from my V6, but I would like to improve that electronic-sounding acceleration that I do have.

Latest posts